How to prolong the service life of PTFE lined butterfly valve？
Among corrosion-resistant materials, PTFE has incomparably excellent properties. In addition to excellent chemical stability, it is anti-fouling, anti-adhesion, extremely small dynamic and static friction coefficient, and good wear resistance. The sealing pair is currently the most ideal anti-corrosion material in the world, and has been widely used in the rotational molding of large-scale equipment and pipeline linings.
PTFE lined butterfly valve is highly corrosive to various acid-base or organic solutions, improper use will cause significant economic losses and serious consequences, it is important to ensure that the valve is properly installed and inspected regularly.
Proper use and maintenance of the valve can prolong the service life of the fluorine-lined butterfly valve, so how can we effectively protect it?
- Before use, please read the operation manual of the fluorine-lined valve carefully.
- Use within the medium range according to the pressure and temperature on the nameplate or specification.
- During use, in order to prevent excessive pipeline stress due to temperature changes in fluorine-lined valves, temperature changes should be minimized, and U-shaped expansion joints should be installed before and after the valve.
- It is forbidden to use the lever to open and close the fluorine-lined valve. Pay attention to observe the opening and closing indication position and the limit device of the fluorine-lined valve. When the opening and closing are in place, do not force it to close again to avoid premature damage to the fluorine plastic sealing surface.
- For some unstable and easy-to-decompose media (for example, the decomposition of some media will cause volume expansion, resulting in an abnormal increase in working pressure), which will cause valve damage or medium leakage, measures should be taken to eliminate or limit factors that cause the decomposition of unstable media . When selecting valves, the possible changes in working conditions caused by unstable media should be considered, and fluorine-lined valves with automatic pressure relief devices should be selected.
- For fluorine-lined valves in pipelines with toxic, flammable, explosive and highly corrosive media, it is strictly forbidden to replace the packing under pressure. Although the fluorine-lined valve is designed with an upper seal function, it is not recommended to replace the packing under pressure.
- For pipelines with spontaneous combustion medium, measures should be taken to ensure that the ambient temperature and working temperature do not exceed the self-ignition point of the medium to prevent dangers caused by sunlight or external fires.
VALTECCN is a professional butterfly valve supplier and manufacturer in China, providing different types of PTFE butterfly valves to choose from, and providing 12-month after-sales service.