Butterfly Valve VS Gate Valve Difference Comparison
Butterfly valves and gate valves are two common types of industrial valves, both of which can be used to control the flow of fluids and cut off.However, they also have their own features and advantages and are suitable for different application scenarios. In this article, we will introduce the differences and comparisons between butterfly valves and gate valves to help you choose the right valve.
Butterfly Valve Features and Advantages
The butterfly valve is a rotary valve with a simple structure consisting of a disk-shaped flap and a shaft. When the valve flap is rotated 90 degrees along the shaft, it can realize the opening and closing of the fluid. The features and advantages of butterfly valve are:
- Small size, light weight, occupies less space, easy to install.
- Flexible switch, easy to operate, only need to rotate 90 degrees.
- Small flow resistance, large flow rate, suitable for low differential pressure and large diameter pipes.
- Good sealing performance, can realize zero leakage.
- Different valve flap materials and sealing forms can be selected according to different fluid media and working conditions, with good corrosion resistance and adaptability.
Gate Valve Features and Advantages
The gate valve is a straight-through valve that is constructed with a liftable wedge-shaped or parallel-shaped valve plate and a handwheel. When the handwheel is rotated, it can drive the valve plate to lift along the guide perpendicular to the direction of the fluid, thus realizing the opening and closing of the fluid. The features and advantages of gate valves are:
- Strong flow capacity, almost no pressure loss when fluid passes through, suitable for pipelines with high differential pressure and high temperature.
- No shock wave will be generated when switching, smooth and quiet operation.
- Small friction between sealing surfaces, wear-resistant, long service life.
- Simple structure, easy maintenance.
Butterfly Valve VS Gate Valve
|Item||Butterfly valve||Gate valve|
|Applicable pressure range||Low-medium pressure (≤16MPa)||Low – high pressure (≤32MPa)|
|Applicable temperature range||-40℃～425℃||-29℃～600℃|
|Applicable medium range||Gas, liquid, dust and other media (according to material selection)||Water, oil, gas and other media without particulate matter|
Butterfly valves and gate valves are both important parts of industrial valves, they each have their own features and advantages, and are suitable for different application scenarios. Generally speaking, butterfly valve is more suitable for low differential pressure and large diameter pipeline, gate valve is more suitable for high differential pressure and high temperature pipeline. Of course, the specific selection should also be based on the actual working conditions and fluid medium to decide.
If you want to buy high quality butterfly valves and gate valves, then you can choose VALTECCN, which is a professional industrial valves supplier and manufacturer with many years of experience and technical strength, can provide you with butterfly valves and gate valves of various specifications and materials to meet your different needs.VALTECCN butterfly valves and gate valves have been through rigorous quality testing and certification, which guarantees the performance and safety of the products. VALTECCN also provides high quality after-sales service to make you worry-free. If you want to know more about VALTECCN butterfly valves and gate valves, welcome to visit their official website or contact their customer service.