Silent Check Valve for Sump Pump
Silent check valve is a valve installed on the drain pipe of an industrial water pump, which prevents the water from flowing back into the pump after the pump stops running, causing repeated pumping or damage to the pump. This saves energy and prolongs the life of the pump, while reducing noise when the pump is running.
Silent check valve differs from a normal check valve in that it uses a hinged, spring-loaded flapper that quickly closes the valve when the pump is turned off, preventing reverse flow. This eliminates the water hammer noise produced by standard check valves, the shock waves and vibrations that occur when water flow suddenly stops or changes direction.
Silent check valve has the following advantages:
- It can effectively prevent the water from flowing back into the pump, avoiding the pump from running dry or being damaged.
- It can reduce the noise when the water pump is running and improve the comfort of the working environment.
- It can be applied to different types and sizes of industrial water pumps, including sewage pumps, dewatering pumps and submersible pumps.
- It can be installed vertically or horizontally, which is convenient and flexible.
- It can withstand high pressure and high temperature working conditions.
How do I select and install a Silent Check Valve?
VALTECCN check valve supplier tells everyone to pay attention to the following points when choosing Silent Check Valve:
- According to the size of the drain pipe of the industrial water pump, select the appropriate valve diameter. In general, the valve diameter should be the same or slightly smaller than the drainpipe diameter.
- Depending on the material and design of the valve, choose a durable and quiet version. Some valves are made of transparent plastic, which allows easy observation of the inside of the valve. Some valves feature spring-loaded flappers that eliminate the water hammer noise produced by standard valves. Some valves are also available with a ball valve, which makes it easy to close or open the valve.
- According to the installation position and direction of the valve, choose the appropriate installation method. Some valves can be installed vertically or horizontally, and some valves can only be installed vertically. When installing, it is necessary to ensure that the arrow of the valve points to the drain direction, and use stainless steel clamping bands to fix the valve and drain pipe.
When selecting and installing a silent check valve, you need to pay attention to the size, material, design and direction of the valve, and perform correct operation according to the instructions. If you need to purchase or have more information about check valves, please contact VALTECCCN.