Ball Check Valve Pressure Test Process and Standards
The pressure test of the ball check valve refers to the inspection of the strength and sealing performance of the ball check valve to verify whether it meets the design requirements and service conditions.
The method of ball check valve pressure test has the following steps:
- Test state: the sphere is half open, one end is introduced into the test medium, and the other end is closed.
- Strength test: Check that the valve body and bonnet are free from leakage.
- Sealing test: Turn the ball several times, close the valve, open the closed end to check the sealing surface, no visible leakage is allowed. Then introduce the test medium from the other end, repeat the above test, if there is no leakage, it is qualified.
Ball check valve pressure test standards have the following points:
- The test medium can be water, air, inert gas or other non-corrosive liquids, and the temperature of the test medium should not exceed 125°C.
- The test pressure of the shell should be 1.5 times of the nominal pressure of the valve. The pressure holding time is different according to the valve specification, generally 1 to 3 minutes, and no visible leakage is allowed.
- The pressure of the tightness test should be 1.1 times the nominal pressure of the valve, and the pressure holding time is generally 15 to 120 seconds depending on the valve specification, and no visible leakage is allowed.
The above is just a simple understanding of the pressure test knowledge of ball check valves. How do you need to buy check valves? Contact us, VALTECCN check valve supplier and manufacturer, delivery after pressure test, 1 year after sale.
Silent Check Valve for Sump Pump
How to Clean the Swing Check Valve
Threaded Ball Check Valve Installation and Maintenance
Swing Check Valve With Counter Weight Introduction
Why must check valve be installed at the pump outlet
Dual plate wafer check valve exported to Malaysia
Stainless Steel Swing Check Valve Exported to Mexico
Ductile Iron Ball Check Valve Exported to Thailand
Rubber Flap Swing Check Valve Exported to Vietnam
Dual Plate Wafer Type Check Valve exported to India
Ball Type Check Valves Exported to Europe for Water Treatment Applications