Why Butterfly Valve is Used？
Learn about butterfly valves
Butterfly valve is a mechanism that regulates the flow of material in a large pipe diameter by rotating a disc by a quarter turn.
In operation, the valve is fully opened or closed when the disc rotates a quarter turn. A “butterfly” is a metal disc mounted on a pole. When the valve is closed, the disc is turned to completely block the passage. When the valve is fully open, the valve plate rotates a quarter turn so that it allows fluid to pass through almost unrestricted. The valve can also be opened gradually to throttle.
The VALTECCN butterfly control valve selection consists of disc valves sized to suit a variety of applications and manufactured to exacting industry standards. Browse our product pages to find the best butterfly valve for your specific operation. For custom parts, please see our Request a Quote page.
Butterfly valve function
- Butterfly valve can be used as flow adjustment. When the butterfly valve needs to adjust the flow under special working conditions, or the environment with strict requirements on sealing performance, or the working environment of the butterfly valve is severe wear, low temperature and other harsh working conditions. However, in the above mentioned situations, it is necessary to use a triple eccentric special butterfly valve with a specially designed metal sealing belt adjustment device.
- Double eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for use in the pipelines of urban heating, gas supply, water supply and other projects as a regulating and throttling device, and the applicable medium includes oil, acid and alkali substances. The double eccentric butterfly valve has poor sealing performance and is used in pipelines that allow a certain amount of leakage. If the pipeline needs to ensure the sealing performance, a triple eccentric butterfly valve needs to be used.
- The soft-seal butterfly valve has good sealing performance and is suitable for pipelines that are completely sealed for management requirements and have zero leakage. The soft-seal butterfly valve has good sealing performance, but the disadvantage is that it is greatly affected by temperature. -80℃, the working temperature of PTFE lined soft-sealed butterfly valve is between -10-150℃. The soft sealing butterfly valve is suitable for weak acid and alkali media such as fresh water, sewage, sea water, salt water, steam, oil and so on.
- Butterfly valves, especially the double eccentric butterfly valve and triple eccentric butterfly valve in the hard sealing butterfly valve, are suitable for large-diameter valves. Double eccentric butterfly valve is suitable for the opening, closing and adjustment of ventilation and dust removal pipelines, and is widely used in ventilation and dust removal pipelines in metallurgical industry, light industry, electric power industry, petrochemical industry, etc. The application field of triple eccentric butterfly valve is more extensive. It not only inherits the advantages of high temperature and high pressure resistance of metal hard sealing butterfly valve, but also has the excellent sealing performance of soft sealing butterfly valve. It is a good substitute for gate valve, globe valve and ball valve.
Butterfly valve advantages
- It is convenient and quick to open and close, labor-saving, small fluid resistance, and can be operated frequently;
- Simple structure, small size, short structure length, small volume and light weight, suitable for large-diameter valves;
- The mud can be transported, and the liquid accumulation at the mouth of the pipeline is the least;
- Under low pressure, good sealing can be achieved;
- Good adjustment performance;
- When fully open, the effective flow area of the valve seat channel is large, and the fluid resistance is small;
- The opening and closing torque is small, because the discs on both sides of the rotating shaft are basically equally affected by the medium, and the direction of the torque is opposite, so the opening and closing is more labor-saving;
- The sealing surface material is generally made of rubber and plastic, so the low-pressure sealing performance is good;
- Easy to install;
- The operation is flexible and labor-saving, and manual, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic methods can be selected.
Butterfly Valve Wholesale Reliable Manufacturer and Supplier
What is the difference between butterfly valve and butterfly check valve?
Selection of Standard Butterfly Valve Types
Dry material particles are not suitable for butterfly valve reasons