Wafer butterfly valve installation instructions and valve installation precautions
Wafer type butterfly valve is one of the most common types of valves in industrial pipelines. The structure of the wafer type butterfly valve itself is relatively small. It is only necessary to put the butterfly valve in the middle of the flanges at both ends of the pipeline, and use studs to pass through the pipeline flange and the opposite ends. The clip-type butterfly valve is locked, and the fluid medium in the pipeline can be controlled.
Wafer type butterfly valve is especially suitable for places with narrow space or short distance between pipes. When the butterfly valve is in the fully open position, the thickness of the disc is the only resistance when the medium flows through the valve body, so the pressure drop generated by the valve is very high. Small, so it has better flow control characteristics.
Wafer type butterfly valve pre-installation instructions
- Before installation and operation, use air spray to remove foreign objects on the piping, and clean the inner surface of the piping with clean water.
- Carefully check whether the valve usage is consistent with its performance specifications; (temperature, pressure)
- Check whether there are debris in the valve channel and sealing surface, and remove it in time;
- The valve should be installed in time after unpacking, and do not loose any fastening screws or nuts on the valve at will;
- The wafer butterfly valve must use a special butterfly valve flange.
- The electric butterfly valve can be installed on the pipeline at any angle. For the convenience of maintenance, it is recommended not to install it upside down.
- When installing the butterfly valve flange, it must be ensured that the flange surface and the sealing rubber are aligned, the screws are evenly tightened, and the sealing surface must be fully fitted; The disc causes leakage at the valve stem.
Valve Installation Precautions
- When installing the valve, it is necessary to clean the inner cavity and the sealing surface, check whether the connecting bolts are evenly tightened, and check whether the packing is pressed tightly.
- The valve is closed during installation.
- Large-sized gate valves and pneumatic control valves should be installed vertically, so as not to be biased to one side due to the large self-weight of the valve core, which will cause leakage.
- There is a set of correct installation process standards.
- The valve should be installed in accordance with the allowable working position, but attention should be paid to the convenience of maintenance and operation.
- The installation of the globe valve should make the flow direction of the medium consistent with the arrow marked on the valve body. For valves that are not frequently opened and closed but need to strictly ensure that they do not leak in the closed state, they can be installed in reverse to make them tightly closed with the help of the medium pressure. .
- When tightening the compression screw, the valve should be in a slightly open state to avoid crushing the sealing surface of the valve top.
- Before positioning the low temperature valve, the opening and closing test should be done in a cold state as much as possible, and it is required to be flexible without jamming.
- The liquid valve should be configured so that the valve stem is at an inclination angle of 10° to the horizontal to prevent the liquid from flowing out along the valve stem, and more seriously, to avoid leakage.
- After the large air separation tower is exposed to cold, pre-tighten the connecting valve flange once in a cold state to prevent leakage at normal temperature and leakage at low temperature.
- It is strictly forbidden to climb the valve stem as a scaffold during installation.
- After all the valves are in place, they should be opened and closed again, and they are qualified if they are flexible and not stuck.
- Valves should generally be positioned before pipeline installation. The piping should be natural, and the position should not be hard to pull, so as not to leave prestress.
- Some non-metallic valves are hard and brittle, and some have low strength. When operating, the opening and closing force should not be too large, especially not violent. Also pay attention to avoid object collision.
- When handling and installing the valve, beware of bumping and scratching accidents.
- When the new valve is used, the packing should not be pressed too tightly, so as not to leak, so as to avoid too much pressure on the valve stem, which will accelerate the wear and tear, and it will be difficult to open and close.
- Before the valve is installed, it is necessary to confirm that the valve meets the design requirements and relevant standards.
- Before installing the valve, the inside of the pipeline should be cleaned to remove impurities such as iron filings to prevent the valve sealing seat from being mixed with foreign matter.
- The high temperature valve is installed at room temperature. After use, the temperature rises, the bolts are heated and expanded, and the gap increases, so they must be tightened again. This problem should be paid attention to, otherwise leakage will easily occur.
- When installing the valve, it is necessary to confirm whether the flow direction of the medium, the installation form and the position of the handwheel meet the regulations.
The above are the installation instructions of wafer butterfly valve and the precautions for valve installation shared by VALTECCN VALVE, hoping to bring some help to friends in need.