Wafer butterfly valve installation instructions and steps
Wafer butterfly valve is one of the most common valve types in industrial pipelines. Wafer butterfly valve itself has a relatively small structure. You only need to put the butterfly valve in the middle of the flanges at both ends of the pipeline, and use stud bolts to pass through the pipeline flange and the opposite The clip-on butterfly valve is locked to control the fluid medium in the pipeline. Wafer butterfly valve is especially suitable for places with narrow space or short distance between pipelines. When the butterfly valve is in the fully open position, the thickness of the butterfly plate is the only resistance when the medium flows through the valve body. Therefore, the pressure drop generated by the valve is very high. Small, so it has better flow control characteristics.
Instructions before installation of wafer butterfly valve:
- Before installation and operation, use air spray to remove foreign objects on the piping, and clean the inner surface of the piping with clean water.
- Carefully check whether the valve usage is consistent with its performance specifications; (temperature, pressure)
- Check whether there is debris on the valve passage and sealing surface, and remove it in time;
- The valve should be installed in time after unpacking, please do not loosen any fastening screws or nuts on the valve at will;
- Wafer butterfly valves must use special butterfly valve flanges.
- The electric butterfly valve can be installed on the pipeline at any angle. For the convenience of maintenance, it is recommended not to install it upside down.
- When installing the butterfly valve flange, it must be ensured that the flange surface and the sealing rubber are aligned, the screws are evenly tightened, and the sealing surface must fit completely; if the screw tightening force is uneven, the rubber bumps will block the butterfly plate, or the top Staying on the butterfly plate causes leakage at the valve stem.
Wafer butterfly valve installation steps:
The correct installation of the wafer butterfly valve is related to the degree of sealing of the butterfly valve and whether it will leak, including the safety in working conditions. The user should understand the installation process.
1. Place the valve between the two pre-installed flanges, paying attention to the alignment of the bolt holes.
2. Gently insert four pairs of bolts and nuts into the flange holes, and tighten the nuts slightly to correct the flatness of the flange surface;
3. Fix the flange to the pipeline by spot welding;
4. Remove the valve;
5. Fully weld and fix the flange on the pipeline;
6. Install the valve after the welding port has cooled down. Ensure that the valve has enough space in the flange to prevent the valve from being damaged, and ensure that the valve plate has a certain degree of opening;
7. Correct the valve position and tighten the four pairs of bolts (be careful not to over tighten)
8. Open the valve to ensure that the valve plate can be opened and closed freely, and then slightly open the valve plate;
9. Tighten all nuts in cross balance;
10. Reconfirm that the valve can open and close freely. Note: Confirm that the valve plate does not touch the pipeline.
The installation of the wafer butterfly valve must be laid flat before installation, and remember not to bump it at will. After it is drawn to the installation length during installation, it is not allowed without special permission in the design of the on-site pipeline. Disassemble the wafer butterfly valve at will, this is what we need to know before installation. At the same time, everyone should also know that the wafer butterfly valve can be installed in any position, but after the wafer butterfly valve is installed, the butterfly valve needs to be laid along the line, and a bracket is made for the wafer butterfly valve. Once the bracket is made, it will be used At that time, it is strictly forbidden to remove the bracket.
Any issue about the wafer butterfly valve during the project process, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are a pleasure to help you resolve the problem.