Plastic(PVC/CPVC/UPVC/FRPP/PVDF/PPH) Wafer Butterfly Valve Installation Instructions and Steps
Plastic(PVC/CPVC/UPVC/FRPP/PVDF/PPH) wafer butterfly valve is one of the most common types of valves in industrial pipelines. Plastic wafer butterfly valve itself has a relatively small structure. It is only necessary to place the butterfly valve in the middle of the flanges at both ends of the pipeline, and use stud bolts to pass through the pipeline flange. Locked with the wafer butterfly valve, the fluid medium in the pipeline can be controlled. Plastic wafer butterfly valve is especially suitable for places with narrow space or short distance between pipes. When the butterfly valve is in the fully open position, the thickness of the disc is the only resistance when the medium flows through the valve body, so the pressure generated by the valve will be small, so it has better flow control characteristics.
Plastic Wafer Type Butterfly Valve Pre-installation Instructions
- Before installation and operation, use air spray to remove foreign objects on the piping, and clean the inner surface of the piping with clean water.
- Carefully check whether the valve usage is consistent with its performance specifications. (media corrosion strength, temperature, pressure)
- Check whether there are debris in the valve channel and sealing surface, and remove it in time.
- It can be installed on pipes of any angle. For the convenience of maintenance, it is recommended not to install it upside down.
- When installing the wafer butterfly valve, it must be ensured that the flange surface and the sealing rubber are centered, the fasteners are evenly tightened diagonally, and the sealing surface must be fully fitted; if the tightening force of the fasteners is uneven, the rubber protrusions will be stuck. Disc, or against the disc to cause leakage at the valve stem.
Plastic Wafer Type Butterfly Valve Installation Steps
The correct installation of the plastic wafer butterfly valve is related to the sealing degree of the butterfly valve and whether it will leak or not, including the safety in working conditions. Users should understand the installation process.
1: As shown in the figure, place the closed plastic wafer butterfly valve into the middle of the pipeline flange;
2: Align the valve with the holes connecting the flanges of the pipes at both ends, and install the stud fasteners (pay attention to evenly locking the diagonal corners);
3: After the valve is installed, it is necessary to open and close the valve, and the 90° stroke can run freely without jamming, and confirm that the valve disc does not touch the inner wall of the pipeline, so that it cannot be opened at 90° in place;
Any issue about the Plastic(PVC/CPVC/UPVC/FRPP/PVDF/PPH) Wafer Butterfly Valve during the project process, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are a pleasure to help you resolve the problem.
China VALTECCN valve is a professional manufacturer of industrial butterfly valves, which can provide various Plastic butterfly valve catalogs, pictures, prices, dimensions, drawings.