How to maintain the butterfly valve
Installation environment: The butterfly valve can be used indoors or outdoors, but in corrosive media and occasions where it is easy to rust, the corresponding material combination should be used. For special conditions, please consult VALTECCN valve.
If it is not used for a long time, is it necessary for daily maintenance work?
Whether the butterfly valve is in use or not in use, it needs daily maintenance to ensure that the valve can be used normally without failure, and secondly, it can prolong the service life of the valve.
The daily maintenance of butterfly valve needs to do these tasks:
Butterfly valve in use:
- The stem thread often rubs against the stem nut, and a little butter or graphite powder should be applied to lubricate.
- For valves that are not frequently opened and closed, turn the handwheel regularly and add lubricant to the valve stem thread to prevent it from being bitten.
- For outdoor valves, a protective cover should be added to the valve stem to prevent rain, snow, dust and rust.
- If the valve is a mechanical transmission, add lubricating oil to the gearbox on time and keep the valve clean.
- Do not rely on the valve to support other heavy objects, and do not stand on the valve.
- The valve stem, especially the threaded part, should be cleaned frequently and new lubricant should be added to prevent the hard debris in the dust, wear the thread and the surface of the valve stem, and affect the service life.
Butterfly valves that have not been used for a long time:
- The valves that are not used should be kept properly, and should not be piled up randomly. The small valves are placed on the shelves, and the large valves can be arranged neatly on the floor of the warehouse. Do not let the flange connection surface touch the ground. Protect the valve from damage.
- For valves that will not be used in a short period of time, the asbestos packing should be removed to avoid electrochemical corrosion and damage to the valve stem.
- Check the valve that has just entered the warehouse. If rainwater or dirt has entered during transportation, it must be wiped clean and then stored.
- The inlet and outlet of the valve should be sealed with wax paper or plastic sheets to prevent dirt from entering.
- The processing surface of the valve that can rust in the atmosphere should be coated with anti-rust oil to protect it.
- The valve placed outdoors must be covered with rain-proof and dust-proof items such as linoleum or tarpaulin. The warehouse where the valve is stored should be kept clean and dry.
The above is the relevant information shared by VALTECCN butterfly valve manufacturers. If you have any purchase needs, please contact us.