Lug Style Butterfly Valve with PTFE Seat Factory, Supplier & Manufacturer
Lug style butterfly valves are usually composed of metal such as ductile iron or steel. They feature threaded tapped lugs positioned on the valve flanges for bolt connections.
Lug style butterfly valves are suitable for end-of-line service but a blind flange is always recommended. Lug style butterfly valves are manufactured to be compatible with either pneumatic or electric actuation. Disc and seat material should be determined based on application and flow media.
Lug Style Butterfly Valve with PTFE Seat Image
Advantages of lug style butterfly valves
- Lug style butterfly valves can be automatic or manual depending on the customer’s preferences and the area of application.
- These valves make a quick turn to open and close which makes them fast operating.
- Lug butterfly valves are versatile because they can be used in different industrial applications ranging from low to high temperature and corrosive to non-corrosive based on the material used to make the valve.
- These valves are of simple and compact design and light in weight.
- Lug style butterfly valves are cheaper compared to other valves like gate valve.
- They occupy small installation space due to their small sizes.
- They can be used as shut-off and throttling valves.
- They can be used in slurry applications as they hardly get clogged.
- Lug butterfly valves are easy to install, clean, and repair.
Disadvantages of lug style butterfly valves
- These valves do not have excellent seal compared to other valves like ball valve.
- The valve disc is influenced and guided by fluid turbulence.
- These valves are only suitable for use in throttling applications if there is a low-pressure drop.
- The lug style butterfly valve has the valve disc in the flow area when the valve is open which increases pressure drop.
China lug style butterfly valve factory, supplier & manufacturer
At VALTECCN, we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of Lug Style Butterfly Valves at very economical prices.
Lug butterfly valve manufacturers design various types of these valves which include manual lug butterfly valves, electric lug butterfly valves, pneumatic lug butterfly valves and so on. These valves are used in applications such as chemicals, paper, and pulp, foods and beverages, water supply, mining, slurries, and sludge applications among others. Advantages of using lug-style butterfly valves are fast operation, simple and compact design, inexpensive, lightweight, versatile, and easy to install, repair, and clean.