Advantages and disadvantages of choosing a butterfly valve
What are the advantages and disadvantages of butterfly valves? VALTECCN butterfly valve manufacturers will introduce some reasons for choosing butterfly valves. Butterfly valves are one of the fastest-growing valve varieties in the past ten years. They are widely used and continue to expand in variety and quantity. They have high temperature, high pressure, large diameter, and high sealing. Performance, long life, excellent adjustment characteristics, mainly composed of valve body, valve stem, butterfly plate and sealing ring.
Advantages of butterfly valves
- It is convenient and quick to open and close, labor saving, low fluid resistance, and can be operated frequently;
- Simple structure, small size, short structure length, small size, light weight, suitable for large-diameter valves;
- Mud can be transported, and the accumulation of liquid at the pipe mouth is the least;
- Under low pressure, good sealing can be achieved;
- Good adjustment performance;
- When fully open, the effective flow area of the valve seat channel is larger, and the fluid resistance is smaller;
- The opening and closing moment is small, because the discs on both sides of the rotating shaft are basically the same under the action of the medium, and the direction of the torque is opposite, so the opening and closing is more labor-saving;
- The sealing surface material is generally rubber or plastic, so the low-pressure sealing performance is good;
- Easy to install;
- The operation is flexible and labor-saving, manual, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic modes can be selected.
Disadvantages of butterfly valves
- Butterfly Valve Throttling service limited to low differential pressure.
- Cavitation and choked flow are two potential concerns.
- Butterfly Valve disc movement guides and affects by flow turbulence
Choosing a butterfly valve is important to choose a reliable valve supplier. VALTECCN has many years of experience in butterfly valve manufacturing and exports to the world. If you have any questions or needs about butterfly valves, Chat with us anytime, we can help.